Yields: 1 x 9″ round cake
1. Pre heat the oven to 375º F.
2. With oil grease the surface of the vessel you will use to bake the cake.
3. Add flour, sugar and a pinch o salt in a bowl and wait.
4. In a blender add the carrots (chopped in big pieces), olive oil and almond milk. Blend until it gets homogenous, if it’s too thick add more milk until it gets creamy/liquid and slides easily out of the blender.
5. Now you mix the blended carrots to the bowl with dry ingredients and with a BIG spoon mix it all until it gets homogenous again. Add yeast and keep blending carefully.
6. Move the mixture to the greased vessel, put it into the oven and leave it for 30 minutes (but keep an eye from time to time because some ovens may vary heat levels). You can do the fork test. Stick a fork into the cake and once the fork is not wet anymore, the cake is ready!
7. After you take it out of the oven, wait until it’s cold to take out of the vessel and put it on a plate.
For the topping, melt the chocolate and add a bit of almond milk. When it’s homogeneous, add to the cake and enjoy!
Check out Victor’s debut EP on Drumcode titled Nimbus, available now for purchase here!
1/8 cup of oil for greasing baking pan
3 cups of rice flour
2 cups of beet sugar
1 pinch of salt
2 large carrots
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 1/2 cup of almond milk
2 table spoons of yeast in powder
1 vegan chocolate bar